"My year as API President was very rewarding. It followed 5 years on the Board, first as a Standing Committee member, and then as an elected member. I served as Treasurer and as President-Elect. To this date, I still do not know who nominated me or suggested my name to the ABA President-Elect for my appointment to the Standing Committee. However, I remain grateful to that unknown person, since my entire time on the Board was so rewarding. I am still active in API/GLSA and am thankful for the many friends I have met along the way. I am convinced more now than I was during my time on the Board, that group legal services will become a general rule, instead of the exception, in the future landscape of delivery of legal services. The entire industry has turned 180 degrees since the 1970's when it was looked upon with much suspicion, compared to now, when it is continuing to grow in terms of numbers of people who have access to legal plans. I have been and continue to be, very proud of my membership in and affiliation with API/GLSA."
- Mike Maslanka, Attorney at Law at Sacks, Goreczny, Maslanka & Costello, P.C.
"GLSA membership gives me the best opportunity to keep up with what's happening in the legal services plan industry. GLSA publications and newsletters give me the information I need. GLSA conferences give me the education I need. GLSA board work and committee work gives me the personal connections I need."
Stephen Ginsberg, B.A, LL.B., Executive Director, Unifor Legal Services Plan
"GLSA membership is important for any business connected with the provision of personal legal services. As the legal industry continues to evolve, knowing the major players and being aware of industry developments is important to long term success. Being a part of GLSA has helped not only the company I work for, but also my professional career."
Brian Caron | General Counsel & VP, Hyatt Legal Plans | MetLife Group Voluntary & Worksite Products
"GLSA has allowed me to meet people in our industry and conduct business with many of the attorneys and law firms who are GLSA members. GLSA provides a resource of information and a valuable source for networking at the annual conference."
- Len Feltoon, Esq., Countrywide Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc.
“Reflecting on the growth and maturity of the GLSA, I am reminded of the pressing need to have such an organization in place. Prior to GLSA, consumers, small businesses and their industry partners were grossly underserved. By assuring access to the legal system, however, GLSA has removed impediments and made the last 40 years a period of outstanding growth for consumers and small businesses. This relationship has strengthened and benefited the principles, their customers and the economies served. Congratulations GLSA! Here’s looking forward to next 40 years.”
- Karma S. Rodgers, Gonzalez Saggio & Harlan
GLSA Membership Choices
- GLSA Regular Membership - Click here to join - Regular membership affords you all the benefits of membership listed above plus full voting rights and eligibility to serve on committees and the GLSA Board. In addition, Regular members enjoy separate listings in our Membership Directory, substantial conference fee discounts for attendees from the member's organization and the ability to offer non-voting Associate membership to their employees, trustees or Board members.
- Professional Membership - Click here to join - A special membership category for lawyers who provide or are interested in handling matters for legal plan members and want to stay informed about developments in the field through GLSA NewsBriefs and by networking with plan administrators. Provider members are are listed in a special section of the annual Membership Directory and on the GLSA website.
- Emeritus Membership - A new non-voting category intended to retain the expertise and institutional memory of our most experienced members. There is no membership fee and there are discounts on conference attendance. The Emeritus category is available to members who meet the following criteria: they have been a member of API/GLSA for 15 continuous years or have served at least two terms on the Board of Directors or served as an officer (President, Treasurer or Secretary) AND are at least 70 years of age or are at least 60 years of age and fully retired or incapacitated so as to be unable to work. Emeritus members are encouraged to participate on committees, but are not able to serve on the Board of Directors. Click here to join