The Group Legal Services Association (GLSA) is nonprofit organization committed to advancing access to legal services for Americans through the promotion of legal service plans.
Membership is open to any professional involved in the legal services industry including:
- Legal Plan Sponsors
- Legal Plan Trustees and/or Administrators
- Marketers specializing to legal service plans
The benefits available to our attorney members are unique in that we are truly committed to assisting our attorney members in expanding their legal practices by participating in legal service plans.
For many attorneys the ability to apply to serve as a panelist on multiple group legal plans through our Universal Application is the highlight of their membership. However, the benefits of belonging to GLSA don't stop with the Universal Application. As a GLSA attorney member you will have:
The GLSA Community
- The ability to participate in private listservs to share information and experience.
- Opportunities to network with other GLSA members including other attorneys, plan administrators and marketing specialists at the GLSA Annual Conference and mini-conferences.
- A personalized listing in the GLSA Annual Membership Directory.
- The opportunity to participate in the GLSA mentoring program that encourages one-to-one relationships between new members and veteran members.
Opportunities to Grow Your Legal Practice
- Access to the GLSA Universal Application.
- Increased exposure through a custom listing in the GLSA member database.
- Discounted fees to attend the GLSA Annual Conference and other networking events.
- Monthly subscription to GLSA Newsbriefs, our exclusive monthly newsletter for information and updates on the group legal services industry.
- Discounts on our Regulation Reporter Service to track regulatory developments related to group legal service plans in each state.
- Access to GLSA’s Members Only portal which is home to recommendations on practice management and technology recourses, special news items, article archives and much more.
Select Your Membership Level
You have four choices for your GLSA membership.
Professional Membership – Professional membership is a limited GLSA membership available for $100 annually. Professional members have access to the GLSA community, the ability to ask questions through the listserv and participate in the GLSA mentorship program and participate on committees. Professional members are invited to attend the annual conference and network with other GLSA members. They also receive a practice listing in the online, searchable Membership Directory and within the GLSA Members Only website. Click here to join as a professional member.
Regular Membership – For an annual fee of $325, voting membership is available to practicing attorneys and provides you with all of the benefits of a professional membership with some significant perks. As a voting member you will have full voting rights and the ability to participate in committees and run for election on the GLSA Board of Directors. You will also have the opportunity to showcase your firm with a personalized listing in the Professional Listing section of the online, searchable Membership Directory. Voting members are entitled to significant discounts for the Annual Conference as well as the opportunity to offer professional membership to their employees, paralegals and office staff. Click here to join as a regular member.
ABA GP Solo Membership - This is a professional membership, but is discounted for joint members of the ABA's GPSolo Division and GLSA. Click here to join as a GPSolo member.
Emeritus Membership - A new non-voting category intended to retain the expertise and institutional memory of our most experienced members. There is no membership fee and there are discounts on conference attendance. The Emeritus category is available to members who meet the following criteria: they have been a member of API/GLSA for 15 continuous years or have served at least two terms on the Board of Directors or served as an officer (President, Treasurer or Secretary) AND are at least 70 years of age or are at least 60 years of age and fully retired or incapacitated so as to be unable to work. Emeritus members are encouraged to participate on committees, but are not able to serve on the Board of Directors. Click here to join as an emeritus member.
Join GLSA Today
Joining GLSA is simple; all you have to do is provide your contact information and submit the appropriate fee. Join our community today to enhance your legal practice, connect with new legal plans and provide the legal services so many people need through participation in a group legal plan.