GLSA’s showcase event of the year is the Annual Educational Conference. We will be joining our colleagues at ABA-GPSolo, the division for solo, small firm and general practice attorneys, in New Orleans, Louisiana for our official 2018 Joint Spring Meeting from Thursday, April 26, 2018 to Saturday, April 28, 2018. Preconference events may be announced for the days prior to the official conference. So come to New Orleans to make new friends and colleagues while learning about the legal services industry and enjoying the beats of the world-famous Jazz Fest, which begins the Friday of our conference. Our usual offerings for Trustees and Union Plans will also have a separate track.
April 26-28, 2018
Sheraton New Orleans
500 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Registration for the 2018 Joint Spring Meeting in New Orleans will open this fall!
Our conference brochure and hotel reservation link will be available by early 2018.
What benefits will you gain from our conferences?
- Networking with other legal plan professionals, including legal plan administrators from around the country, and trustees.
- CLE credits available
- Learn about the current trends from professionals in the field, i.e. marketing, technology, security courses catering to those new to the field, legal plan veterans, trustees and administrators.
- Visit with our exhibitors - legal plan administrators and vendors that appeal to your law office practice
- Visit great cities throughout the United States!
- PRIZES! At our Spring 2017 conference in Scottsdale, all conference attendees who secured color-coded signatures from each of the conference exhibitors - after speaking with them about their businesses or products - were entered into a raffle to win fabulous prizes.
Who should come and why...
- If you are a veteran GLSA conference regular, you already know of the great program and networking opportunities that are in store for you. That’s why you keep coming back every year!
- If you are new to legal plans – either as a lawyer, marketer, a benefits consultant or HR professional, we have the basic sessions you need to get started, plus a raft of experts floating around for you to talk to. Keep in mind that most of the industry veterans you will meet started out as first time attendees to an GLSA conference!
- For plan administrators, we have sessions this year on the issues facing the industry, tech tips, elder law and more. Plus plenty of networking opportunity for you to meet new providers.
- For legal plan providers, we have some new substantive sessions on paperless office, trademark infringement, expanding your practice, what plans want from their attorneys, and more!
- For legal plan trustees, we have our annual ERISA fiduciary responsibility legal update, a special trustee roundtable, plus some special sessions geared just to you.
Also offered are CLE-accredited educational sessions and planned special networking events. When you combine them with an opportunity to visit the sights and attractions of New Orleans during the Jazz and Heritage Festival, you will see that attending this year's event will be well worth your time and money.