GLSA’s showcase event of the year is the Annual Educational Conference. We will be joining our colleagues at ABA-GPSolo, the division for solo, small firm and general practice attorneys, in New Orleans, Louisiana for our official 2018 Joint Spring Meeting from Thursday, April 25, 2018 to Saturday, April 28, 2018. Preconference events may be announced for the days prior to the official conference. So come to New Orleans to make new friends and colleagues while learning about the legal services industry and enjoying the beats of the world-famous Jazz Fest, which begins the Friday of our conference. Our usual offerings for Trustees and Union Plans will also have a separate track.
April 25-28, 2018
Sheraton New Orleans
500 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Visit the GLSA/GPSolo website for the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to book your room.
Our conference brochure will be available by early 2018! See our preliminary conference schedule here.
2018 Joint Spring Meeting
Presented with ABA-GPSolo
April 25 - 28, 2018
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
New Orleans, LA
New Orleans is one of the oldest cities in America, celebrating its 300th anniversary in 2018. It has more than 35,000 buildings on the National Register of Historic Places, 15,000 more than its closest competitor, Washington, D.C. New Orleans is a melting pot of culture, food and music, the birthplace of jazz and one of the top three culinary destinations in the world. The Crescent City promises to offer all attendees a memorable experience! Additionally, the meeting coincides with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, often known as Jazz Fest. This fest is an annual celebration of the music and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana.
Be sure to confirm your hotel room today! A block of rooms has been confirmed for the meeting at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel; however, this block and the hotel WILL SELL OUT prior to the cutoff date due to Jazz Fest.
A special rate of $279.00 single / double has been negotiated, which includes complimentary WiFi. Tax is currently 14.75% + $3.00 occupancy tax (subject to change). Rooms are on a first-come, first-served basis until Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 5:00 pm CST. After the cutoff date or after the block has been filled, rooms may still be available, but will be sold at prevailing rates.
To confirm a reservation, call the Sheraton directly at 504-525-2500 or 888-627-7033 and request a booking under GPSolo, or use the link above.
Government Rate: A limited number of rooms have been contracted at the government rate. The government rate is available for government employees only with a valid government ID. Please contact Sherri Napue at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-988-5640 for details.
What benefits will you gain from our conferences?
- Networking with other legal plan professionals, including legal plan administrators from around the country, and trustees.
- CLE credits available
- Learn about the current trends from professionals in the field, i.e. marketing, technology, security courses catering to those new to the field, legal plan veterans, trustees and administrators.
- Visit with our exhibitors - legal plan administrators and vendors that appeal to your law office practice
- Visit great cities throughout the United States!
- PRIZES! At our Spring 2017 conference in Scottsdale, all conference attendees who secured color-coded signatures from each of the conference exhibitors - after speaking with them about their businesses or products - were entered into a raffle to win fabulous prizes.
Who should come and why...
- If you are a veteran GLSA conference regular, you already know of the great program and networking opportunities that are in store for you. That’s why you keep coming back every year!
- If you are new to legal plans – either as a lawyer, marketer, a benefits consultant or HR professional, we have the basic sessions you need to get started, plus a raft of experts floating around for you to talk to. Keep in mind that most of the industry veterans you will meet started out as first time attendees to an GLSA conference!
- For plan administrators, we have sessions this year on the issues facing the industry, tech tips, elder law and more. Plus plenty of networking opportunity for you to meet new providers.
- For legal plan providers, we have some new substantive sessions on paperless office, trademark infringement, expanding your practice, what plans want from their attorneys, and more!
- For legal plan trustees, we have our annual ERISA fiduciary responsibility legal update, a special trustee roundtable, plus some special sessions geared just to you.
Also offered are CLE-accredited educational sessions and planned special networking events. When you combine them with an opportunity to visit the sights and attractions of New Orleans during the Jazz and Heritage Festival, you will see that attending this year's event will be well worth your time and money.