Supporting our members through education is one of the most important goals of the Group Legal Services Association (GLSA). In addition to providing our members with access to our secure list serves, discounts on our publications and printed updates on the state of the legal services plan industry, we host an Annual Conference and several mini-conferences throughout the United States each year.
The Annual Conference and the mini-conferences are open to GLSA members and non-members to increase community awareness of benefits offered by the legal service plan industry; however, our members receive significant discounts on the cost of attendance and access to member only programs.
If you have not attended a GLSA event, make this year the year you get out there and make it happen. After each event, we always hear from members who have learned something new, made a connection with someone they needed to meet or found the perfect solution to a technological problem they were experiencing. There is no excuse for missing these amazing events.
The GLSA hosts a number of different educational opportunities, including an annual national conference held in locations across the United States and Canada. At these conferences, members and non-members are brought up to speed with the latest trends in the prepaid legal field, as well as given the opportunity to network with their peers from around the globe.
While each conference is different, attendees can expect the opportunity to:
- Network with other legal plan professionals, including legal plan administrators and trustees from around the country.
- Attorney attendees learn about the current trends from professionals in the field while earning much needed CLE credits. Our presenters cover a wide variety of topics including marketing, technology and practice pointers.
- Union attendees stay current with changing regulations and fiduciary responsibilities, avoid ERISA pitfalls and understand fiduciary conflict rules.
- Visit our exhibit hall which always includes legal plan administrators and vendors who are interested in reaching members of the group legal plan industry.
- Visit great cities throughout the United States and participate in great off-site events!
To learn more about our upcoming Conference, visit here.
In addition to the annual conference, GLSA hosts a series of smaller, more intimate “mini-conferences” throughout the year to help lawyers understand the benefit of participating in group and prepaid legal panels. These mini-conferences are held in various parts of the country at the request of our members.
If you would like to learn more about attending our Annual Conference, participating as an exhibitor or hosting a mini-conference in your city please email Ramon Robinson at info@GLSAonline.org.
Online Brown Bag Lunch and Learns
Periodically, GLSA hosts online CLE's for members concerning industry trends and useful practice tips. This is another opportunity for members to expand their legal plan practices. Information regarding upcoming events is found on our newsletter emailed monthly. Our calendar of events can also be found here.